Give yourself the gift of intentional peace this holiday season
As the holiday season is upon us, I find myself reflecting a lot. This year has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and events and just has caused me to re-examine how I take care of myself.
The holidays are a time to celebrate and spend with family and friends. But, it can also be stressful. That's why it's important to take care of yourself during this busy time of year! Here's how to do just that:
- Make sure to #avoid burnout.
- First and foremost, make sure you’re getting enough sleep.
- Second, take breaks during the day and give yourself time to relax—even if it’s just a quick five minutes here and there.
- Third, eat healthy food that gives you energy instead of crashing down on your head like a ton of bricks from all the sugar!
- Finally…make sure to make some time for friends and family too! It can be easy to get wrapped up in work or other commitments during the holidays but don't forget about those closest to us who care about us most!
- Take some time for yourself. Taking care of yourself is important during times of celebration.
- Choose some treats (either literal treats or hypothetical ones) that help you to spoil yourself. #TREATYOSELF (if you don't get this Parks & Rec reference, click here)
- Get more sleep. With the time change, it sneaks up on you!
- Remember that yes, it is a fun time of the year, but it can be stressful as well.
- Take a break from all the holiday activities.
- Give yourself permission to rest and relax.
- Enjoy the holiday season and celebrate with your family and friends, making sure you are taking care of yourself so that you can fully enjoy this special time of year.
- Spend time with friends and family that don't cause you stress.
- Give back to those who are less fortunate, with your time or resources.
Remember, you are valuable and loved. Take care of yourself. - J